You are here
Unmatched insight into crude supply, demand & potential supply of refined products in North America & Europe
Genscape delivers alerts for over 100 refineries across North America and Europe
Refinery outages can send fast moving ripples through crude and refined product markets. These events evolve quickly and time is of the essence when acting on disruptions. Genscape's real-time alerts provide early notice of upsets and confirmation of planned maintenance at key North American and European refineries.
In August 2015, an upset at BP’s Whiting refinery significantly impacted the price of both crude oil and refinery products. Genscape's Refinery Alerts customers were alerted of the event several hours before the rest of the market, positioning them to react to price moves. Genscape analyzes proprietary infrared images in real time to send intra-day alerts on market-moving operational changes at major refining units.
Genscape analyzes proprietary infrared images from over 80 percent of refinery capacity in the United States including over 91 percent of East Coast and Gulf Coast refineries, 84 percent of Midcontinent refineries and 78 percent of West Coast refineries.
In Canada, Genscape monitors over 38 percent of the refineries and sends intra-day operational alerts on key units at refineries in Alberta, Ontario, and New Brunswick.
Genscape monitors key refineries throughout Western and Central Europe, including over 78 percent of ARA refineries, over 90 percent of French refineries and 78 percent of refineries in the UK.
You are here
Features of the Refinery Intelligence Alerts:
- Real-time Alerts on Refinery Operations: Alerts are delivered as events are observed from 2:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. Time/7:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. GMT. The alerts contain information on planned outages and upsets in the U.S., Canada, and Europe
- Customized Alert Delivery: Choose to receive alerts in your email inbox or sent directly to your phone via SMS message. Alerts delivery preferences can be set per refinery
You are here
Benefits of the Refinery Intelligence Alerts:
- React quickly to market implications on crude oil demand and supply of refined products in a given region by providing notice of outages of key processing units at refineries
- Get third-party confirmation of announced refinery maintenance timelines
- Gain insight into real-time supply and demand when you know the intra-day changes in the status of product-specific units at refineries